After a couple of weeks, with only intermittent opportunities to get on the treadmill, I was more than relieved to get back out on the pavement this past weekend.
And I am more than a bit pleased with my efforts… particularly given that I stuck an extra couple of kilometres on Saturday’s run:
- Saturday: 12.11 km – 1:07:41 min – 5’35” pace
- Sunday: 5.19 km – 28.11 min – 5’25” pace
I was definitely in the zone. 🚀
10.36 km – 56:49 min – 5’28” pace
Longer! Harder! Faster! Stronger!
It’s been three weeks of nothing but the hard monotonous patter of the treadmill due to intermittent travel, a bout of illness, snow and a busy end to half-term. So, it was an absolute delight to lace up my Nikes this morning and step out into the crisp late-winter air.
Not a bad time or pace either!
8.65 km – 48:05 min – 5’33” pace
As promised, here are my (Less, More and None) priorities for 2019…
- eating out
- being wasteful
- spending time on ‘urgent but unimportant’ tasks
- listening to others well
- strengthening my core and gluteus muscles
- random acts of kindness
- buying/eating local foods
- reusing and recycling
- being selective about the projects/opportunities I say yes to
- improving/optimising my organisational systems
- learning how to solve cryptic crosswords
- sitting/lying still and listening to albums from start to finish
- visiting galleries and museums
- looking at my mobile phone when people are talking to me
- spending money on unnecessary things
- finishing a workout or run and not stretching properly