In a previous post I discussed my plans to write the various assignments for my current MA modules publicly online. I completed and submitted the first of these assessments yesterday. To begin the ‘Reflective Professional Development‘ module we were asked to write a brief, reflective ‘Opening Statement’ considering a number of questions, including:
- What were the motives and experiences which led to my choice of profession?
- What were the motives and experiences which led me towards MA study?
- What are the specific areas which I am concerned about in MA study? Which gaps am I hoping to fill in my skills/knowledge/experience through MA study?
- Where am I now as a practitioner and what are my main concerns and challenges?
- How can the MA help me in these areas?
I am not completely satisfied with my response. I found this far more challenging than all of the assessments I have completed thus far. The word limit was particularly restrictive and as such I ended up making significant edits, impairing the quality of my writing IMO. Nevertheless, the assignment is available to read here:
The reflective process itself was useful, helping me to further clarify what I hope to achieve through MA level study.
I would welcome any comments or observations that you may have, particularly with regard to my views about education and the direction of my research.